23 Jan A day in the life of the richest person in history, Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos — who made $8.23 billion in one day and still washes the dishes after dinner.
• Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is now the richest man in history.
• Bezos works hard, but his daily routine indicates that he’s not addicted to work.
• His daily routine includes lots of family time, and even time allotted for washing the dishes.Jeff Bezos is now the richest person in history.
According to Bloomberg, the Amazon founder and CEO has $A134.26 billion to his name. In addition to founding the online retail behemoth Amazon, Bezos also owns The Washington Post and an aerospace company, Blue Origin.
So what does daily life look like for this tech mogul? Here’s a look inside his daily routine:
1. Bezos is a big believer in getting enough shut-eye. He wakes up every morning naturally, without the aid of an alarm clock.
2. He always starts the day by sharing a healthy breakfast with his wife, the novelist MacKenzie Bezos.
3. To spend quality time with MacKenzie and their four children, he never schedules early-morning meetings.
5. When he does call a meeting, Bezos employs a “two-pizza rule” — he never organizes a meeting where two pizzas couldn’t feed the entire group.
8. Bezos has a taste for unusual dishes. During a meeting with Woot founder Matt Rutledge, he ordered octopus with potatoes, bacon, green garlic yogurt, and eggs for breakfast. “When I look at the menu, you’re the thing I don’t understand, the thing I’ve never had,” Bezos said. “I must have the breakfast octopus.”
9. Bezos also has a fondness for food trucks. In 2014, he told Business Insider Editor-in-Chief Henry Blodget about a phenomenally popular truck outside of Amazon’s headquarters. “It’s out of control, actually,” he said.
10. There’s one after-dinner ritual Bezos always adheres to: washing the dishes. “I’m pretty convinced it’s the sexiest thing I do,” he told Blodget.
11. It’s unclear whether Bezos has a workout routine. However, photos of the CEO at a recent conference elicited comparisons to Vin Diesel, as commenters noted his muscular appearance.
12. Amazon now runs several popular original series, like “The Man in the High Castle” and “Transparent,” but the Amazon CEO is a Trekkie. Bezos even made a surprise cameo in the 2016 film “Star Trek Beyond.”
13. Other than watching “Star Trek,” Bezos has another space-related hobby: gliding about in a submarine looking for old NASA rockets. He often brings his kids along for the adventure.
14. Bezos makes sure to get enough rest — he sleeps for eight hours every night.
All credit to Business Insider Australia for this article.